what becomes of the broken hearted?

24 Dec

“When you’re dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the hardest part.”  – Mayer.

if there’s one thing that hurts more than a bullet, a broken windshield, or a dead puppy, its a broken heart.

Its cuz every waking moment is spent thinking of him so all you want to do is sleep.   But that’s impossible because everytime you close your eyes you see her face.    So you turn on the radio to drown out the sound of ur own heart but every song reminds you of “us” and “how we used to be”.

To think, if you u could just text her the perfect message or show up at his work one time he’d remember how fly you are, or how caring you are, or how much you love him and it would make everything ok.   So you type something out but delete it then type again, and you pick out an outfit and write down something witty and nonchalant to say but deep down you know it’s not going to make a difference.   You’d gladly play the fool again for one  more kiss, one more look, one more “i love you”, and one more day of knowing that he’s yours.  But instead, you get that kiss on the forehead, condescending look, “i didn’t mean to hurt you”, run out of time shit and it’s sucking out your soul.

But it will return.

The peace of mind you’re desperately searching for is just over the hump. Please believe you deserve more happiness than you have at the moment…in fact, you deserve it all.    I can’t promise you I can make it better, but I can promise you I will walk by ur side till it is.    And i’ll hold ur hand the whole way thru.   Even tho I can’t give you the love you want right now, I can give you the love I have….  I hope, for now, that’s enough.

Friendship to the rescue.

“When will I laugh again?”  “When something is really, really funny” — SATC

About these ads

16 Responses to “what becomes of the broken hearted?”

1. Anna December 24, 2009 at 8:47 pm #

once again…you got me. i ditto this blog to you. i love you, friend (i’m so proud that i can call you that…thx wif)

• Raaachem December 24, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

aww thanks awna. hello come here now! =)

2. conniethegreat December 24, 2009 at 10:37 pm #

Did you just extract that from my brain? I’m almost positive you did.

• Raaachem December 24, 2009 at 10:49 pm #

lol. perhaps? seems a lot of this has been going on lately doesn’t it? =/

3. linh December 25, 2009 at 8:44 am #

this is the exact situation i’m going through right now. it’s been more than a month now, but it hasn’t gotten any easier. if anything, the holidays just make it even worse.

thank you for this post. and i hope that your friend will get through this also.

• Raaachem December 27, 2009 at 4:18 am #

linh… its so cliche but it gets worse before it gets better. and if you ever need an ear, mine is open to u too.. =)

4. Queenie December 27, 2009 at 3:52 am #

Thanks HEA.

5. aja December 29, 2009 at 11:36 pm #

I HEART YOU!@!!!! THAT WAS SOO WHAT I NEEDED!!!

• Raaachem December 30, 2009 at 6:47 am #

love u too babycakes! =)

6. doowaditty December 30, 2009 at 3:18 am #

to hell and back.

• Raaachem December 30, 2009 at 6:47 am #

dynamic duo. walk thru hell n rockin hellz. whaaat?

7. Mair January 4, 2010 at 10:06 am #

i think this is officially my favorite blog you’ve written. You’re the best Rachel Tan Brito.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. maydreamin’. « Raaachem.com | Boss Bizness - May 3, 2010

[...] [...]

2. what becomes of the broken heart « mofeeva - May 18, 2010

[...] this on Raaachem I was inspired to share. “When you’re dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the [...]

3. Love Is. | Dear Abi | girlsarethenewboys.com - October 7, 2011

[...] the same as that among lovers, but it doesn’t make it any less important or real. In probably my most favorite-tist Raaachem post ever she said, “Even though I can’t give you the love you want right now, I can give you [...]