It Is Better To Be Alone, Than In The Wrong Company
Tell me who your best friends are and I will tell you who you are. If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights. “A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of ‘friends’ he chooses.” The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate – for the good & the bad.
The less you associate yourself with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people. As you grow, your associates will change. Some of your “friends” will not want you to go on. They will want you to stay where they are. “Friends” that don’t help you climb will want you to crawl. Your “friends” will stretch your vision or choke your dream. Those that don’t increase you will eventually decrease you.
– Never receive counsel from unproductive people.
– Never discuss your problems with someone incapable of contributing to the solution, because those who never succeed themselves are always first to tell you how. Not everyone has a right to speak into your life. You are certain to get the worst of the bargain when you exchange ideas with the wrong person.
– Don’t follow anyone who’s not going anywhere. With some people you spend an evening: with others you invest in it.
– Be careful where you stop to inquire for directions along the road of life.
– Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right friendships.
– Blessed are those who give without remembering and take without forgetting.
– No accurate thinker will judge another person by that which the other person’s enemies say about him.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR OWN COMPANY AND YOUR OWN DESTINY… make it happen…